What is the first thing you got in mind when I mention content hacking? When I say that, my coworkers switch their mood and their way to act. Seriously! In which sense?
It’s Monday, they are back from their weekend and they have used a particular language in the meantime they were off from the office. What kind of language did they use?
A colloquial language has some simple characteristics. Now, It’s Monday morning, another job week is starting: what are my coworkers doing? They are using a different way to communicate because they write online content for a business company. What’s the difference?
A text message sent to a friend, for example, has a simple approach and includes colloquial words. An SEO-friendly content optimized for Google and users online is comprised of a keyword strategy. Did you know that? Looking for a growth hacking SEO strategy without paid adverts?
Content Hacking: Which Channels?
Based on where, on which channel you publish your content, you have to be a good content writer! How? What do I mean for good? Switching your writing skill from channel to channel! Every channel has a different audience: you should think about it, having an optimized approach per channel!
That’s the starting point to be great on what you are doing in inbound marketing. You can create the best post in the world that nobody will read because you are using the wrong strategy for the right channel. Every channel is giving you visibility. How? If you respect its rules, its algorithm, without forgetting an
- Writing content on social media. Be sure to write posts using a colloquial language, with a human approach way. Don’t forget you are talking to humans, not to a robot. It’s a B2C (Business-to-Consumer) channel where you are looking for engagement and brand awareness.
- You are sending out e-mails to your customers. They love to receive personalized email. Don’t forget to create automation connected to your CRM, it can be marketing cloud Salesforce, that allows you to set the name of your client. Make your client feel like you know him: it’s unique for you!
- You are communicating to your visitors through your website. You are providing them pieces of information that need to be clear and simple to understand. Use a simple SEO-friendly content comprised of short sentences and catchy H2 sub-heading.
- Those are the pages where you convert visitors to leads: landing pages! Be sure to include a CTA to send visitors to the right marketing funnel, in order to follow up with them. You CR (Conversion Rate) will be happy.
- It looks obvious to be nice, but it’s not working in the customer support channel. Clients want to have answers to fix their issues or find out more about your products. Be responsible and don’t leave messages waiting for an answer. Be sure to have a FAQ section in your website so sort out simple questions.
I analyzed the most used channels where you can have an interaction with your leads/clients. Remember that there are other marketing channels. My advice is to adapt your communication to the channel and not the opposite: make your growth hacking content working!You can be the best content writer, but you are not adding value to your business if your content online is not SEO-friendly! Click To Tweet
Why You Should Consider a Content Hacking Strategy
Content hacking means creating stunning text content to be indexed and ranked in Google, and not only that! You also want to be in the first position in the Google SERP. Write thinking about it and using the tips I gave you so far.
When a user is searching for a query/question related to the topic you chose to write about, you want to be the first with your article/page. You want to be displayed in a better position than your competitors. Why?
Users on Google are willing to click more on the first results when they make a query: it means having more traffic on your website. A position gained can affect your traffic: it’s a real challenge!
You have 2 choices: making content that is the best for you or creating SEO-friendly content that fits for Google requirements. Make a growth hacking content plan based on what users want to read online. Did you search for a seed keyword using a keyword planner?
Let’s go back explaining the sentence “stunning text content”. It means growth content hacking SEO: write for your audience, making your content natural and not complicated. Doing that, Google will reward your effort.
What’s Growth Content Hacking SEO?
According to Google, and to one of the most popular marketing concept, you should write articles that your audience/potential clients want. You cannot just have a website, you need to have a blog to write articles, useful to create a loop of interactions with your website.
Having a blog is a useful way to bring traffic to your website, to create engagement on social media, to make clients confident in your skill, to be identified as a leader on the market.
You need to be identified as an expert of the product/service you are selling: you are creating a loop between your website and your clients, showing that you are active and alive!
Where Can You Get Ideas On Your Content Hacking Text?
It’s a tool provided by Google where you can search for long-tail keywords. If you want a valid alternative: neilpatel.com/ubersuggest/, a tool that is taking data from the Google Keyword Planner without considering the paid keywords.
What is the meaning of
Starting from the field of your business, the tool of Google is going to give you some ideas based on the keywords for your topic: you will have your stunning content optimized for Google.An article based on only one keyword? It's an old SEO strategy! #RankBrain Click To Tweet
Be sure to write an article comprised of more keywords, mentioning them in the body of the article and in the headlines. This is a new SEO approach, according to one of the last Google updates.
What After You Wrote Your Article
Another hacking content tip? Spread your article on your social media channels to take users to your blog. Doing this, you are giving Google some important social signals!
Your blog article/page is getting visitors because has been shared several times on social media and the traffic, to that specific article/page, is coming from social media sources.
Google is giving you visibility if it sees that a user is coming to read your blog post and the BR (Bounce Rate) is low. According to that, be sure that a user can click somewhere else after that it lands in your article, otherwise, your BR will be 100%.
You want to keep user staying on your blog, you want users coming back to visit your blog/website: create a path among internal links.
Hacking Content Metrics
You need to track your activities. Do you need some content hacking metrics? Yes, definitely! You need to make a report, tracking your long tail keyword and your content hacking plan.
You need to know if a keyword is bringing traffic or is not, in order to change strategy, searching for new marketing hacks startups. After that, you can
- A new plan for your next article
- Optimize the previous articles with the hints you got.
I suggest subscribing for Moz, either Ahref, to have automated growth hacking metrics to check your strategy. Those tools online are going to crawl your articles, giving you some tips to optimize them.
Recap: Be first on Google using content hacking
- Start making SEO-friendly content for your blog and share your articles on your social media channels
Use Google Keyword Planner
- Search for long tail keywords with high traffic and low competition
Optimize Your Articles
- Optimize your content for more keywords per post
- Mention the keywords in the headline and in the paragraph (body) of your article
- According to SEO statistics, posts and pages with more than 2,000 rank better
Growth Hacking Metrics
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console to track the traffic
- Moz and Ahref to track and optimize your keywords/articles
- Go back to the step “Use Google Keyword Planner” when you get hints from SEO tools